Upcoming LBHA Events
New Year, New Laws
January 21, 2020, 8:00-11:00 am
11461 Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90049
California hoteliers are ringing in the new year with several “game changing” laws that will impact business. In 2019 Governor Newsome signed legislation at light speed, including a ban on mandatory arbitration agreements, a general prohibition on “no-rehire” clauses in settlement agreements, and a complete rewrite of the rules for the use of independent contractors. In this New Year New Laws program, attorneys from Fisher Phillips will analyze new legislation that will impact California employers in 2020, along with overview of the local ordinance trends that have a significant impact on our industry.
Important New Legislation to be Covered:
- AB 5 – Rewrite of Independent Contractor Rules
- AB 51– Prohibits Most Mandatory Arbitration Agreements
- AB 749 – End to “No-Rehire” Provisions in Settlement Agreements.
- AB 25 & AB 1355 – Amendments to the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
- SB 188 – Prohibits Employment Discrimination Based on Hairstyles
- SB 778 – Extends Deadline to Provide Harassment Training to Managers and Employees
Registration & Continental Breakfast: 8:00 a.m
Seminar: 9:00 – 11:00 a.m.
Members– $99 | Non-Members – $129